Chevening Scholarships are given to people from all walks of life who can prove they have the drive and aptitude needed to effect change, and who can articulate how a master’s degree from the UK will enable them to do so.
The Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program 2023 provides scholars with complete financial support to pursue any eligible master’s degree at any UK university while also giving them access to a wide range of privileged academic, professional, and cultural experiences.
Over 50,000 professionals have taken advantage of Chevening’s opportunity to advance in the UK since the program’s inception in 1983.
For the academic year 2023–2024, there are more than 1,500 scholarships available worldwide, highlighting the UK’s continuous dedication to fostering the next generation of leaders.
Outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world can study for one year for master’s degrees in the UK thanks to the Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program 2023. There is no such thing as a “typical” Chevening Scholar, but we are searching for the kind of people who have the drive, connections, and influence to offer the leadership and solutions required to build a better future.
Outstanding young leaders from all around the world can study for a one-year master’s degree in the UK thanks to Chevening Scholarships. There is no such thing as a “typical” Chevening Scholar, but we are searching for the kind of people who have the drive, connections, and influence to offer the leadership and solutions required to build a better future.
The purpose and advantages of the UK government’s Chevening scholarship program
The Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program 2023 offers scholars the chance to network with one another, alumni, the FCDO, well-known lecturers, and partner organizations through a specially designed engagement program. Recipients of awards get:
- the payment of tuition
- Travel in comfort to and from your own nation on a designated route for you exclusively
- An allowance for arrival
- The fee for applying for a visa or entry clearance just for you
- A severance payment
- where necessary, a donation of up to £75 for TB testing
- a supplemental budget for travel
- a stipend (personal living allowance) paid each month to cover housing and living costs. Whether you are studying in London or somewhere else will affect how much money you receive each month. These prices are up for review each year.
Qualifications for the Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program
Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program 2023 Eligibility Requirements
- Be a citizen of a nation or territory that is eligible for Chevening.
- For a least of two years after your award has finished, go back to your home country.
- By the time you submit your application, you must have finished all requirements for an undergraduate degree that will allow you to enroll in a postgraduate program at a UK university. According to your subject and university selection, this is normally similar to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK, though it may be different.
- possess a minimum of two years’ worth (2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three distinct qualified UK university programs, and by July 13, 2023, you must have received an unconditional offer from one of them.
Date, Procedure, and Location of Interviews for the Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program
CHEVENING UK GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM TIMELINE 2023:
Applications close at 12:00 GMT on November 1, 2022.
The application deadline is November 1, 2022, at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
Applications are screened against eligibility requirements on November 2, 2022.
ASSESSMENTS MADE BY THE READING COMMITTEE FROM MID-NOV. TO MID-DEC. 2022
All qualified applications are evaluated by impartial reading committees. The local high commissions or embassies of the United Kingdom are then informed of their results and rankings.
APPLICANTS SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEWS IN EARLY TO MID-FEBRUARY 2023
The embassy or high commission creates a shortlist of candidates they will invite for interviews after reviewing the applications that were forwarded to them. Then notifications will come. Greetings if you have made it this far. Read the interview instructions in order to get ready for your interview.
DEADLINE FOR REFERENCES AND EDUCATION DOCUMENTS IS FROM FEBRUARY TO LATE APRIL 2023.
Prior to the interview date, the shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit two references and their educational records.
Interviews take place from February 27 through April 28, 2023.
In-person interviews are conducted by panels at British embassies and high commissioners with applicants from all around the world.
APRIL 2023: RESULTS
The strongest applicants will experience elation when interview results are made public starting in June after months of preparation and anxiety.
DEADLINE FOR OFFERS IS JULY 13, 2023.
The deadline to submit and receive at least one unconditional offer from a UK university is July 13, 2023, at 17:00 BST (UK time).
2023 SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER: UK studies start.
Chevening Scholars start their studies in the UK in 2022–2023 and join a global network that will last the rest of their lives!
Application Closing Date
January 1, 2022
How to Apply
Are you capable and interested? Apply at Chevening at www.chevening.org.